Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shakeology - Still Going

OK so I disappeared for a while. I went to a practice round at the Masters and then had some travel for work. I've still been conducting my Shakeology experiment though. I plan to have a weigh in Sunday morning April 19th.

My eating and drinking during my trip to the Masters was less than stellar. I did have a Shakeology shake for breakfast each day. I don't like it very well when it is mixed only with water. It definitely tastes better when mixed with milk or almond milk and a few ice cubes are thrown in. I've tried adding bananas and strawberries and even blueberries. That only slighty affects the taste.

I also decided to take a week off from working out. I got lots of walking in at Augusta but otherwise I did no exercise. In many ways it was good. Some niggling pains and injuries had a chance to heal. I'm not sure if seven (plus) days without exercise is a good idea but I think I will take three or four day breaks every few months. This is in addition to the rest day I have every week.

My eating this week has been a lot better though I did succumb to pizza and a glass of wine Friday night. Otherwise I haven't had any alcohol since Saturday April 11th. I did resume working out on Monday April 13th with an upper body massacre. 12 sets of push ups and 12 sets of pull ups. 20 push ups each set and 10 pull ups each set. I did a wide variety of push ups and pull ups. I was very sore for a few days after that.

I did IntervalX on Tuesday and the Road Warrior One on One workout on Wednesday. Fountain of Youth yoga on Thursday. These workouts are great and very easy to do in your hotel room. I did P90X Legs & Back today along with Ab Ripper X. Will I ever stop hating that workout? (I do love the results it provides though).

Let's hope the weigh in goes well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment