Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shakeology Experiment - Day 2

Day two of the Shakeology experiment. The goal is to lose those last seven pounds in 30 days by replacing one meal with a Shakeology replacement shake. I'll list each day the supplements I take, my workouts and the food I eat and beverages I drink.

Tuesday, March 31st

Supplements:
1 Equate Complete Multivitamin
2 Rexall fish oil softgels (2400 mg)
1 Origin CO Q-10 softgel (100 mg)
1 Nature Made Vitamin E softgel (400 I.U.)
1 Spring Valley High Potency B-Complex vitamin tablet
2 tsps Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 1 teaspoon of raw and unfiltered honey and 8 ounces of water. (Twice a day)

Workouts:
P90X+ InvervalX+

Food:
P90X Results and Recovery Drink (in place of breakfast) 9:30 am
Shakeology Greenberry Shake with 1 cup of almond milk and four strawberries 12:30 pm
1 small banana separate from shake 12:30 pm
Almonds, dried cranberries and an apple 3:30 pm
1/4 cup of dried prunes 6:00 pm
Salmon, brown rice and steamed vegetables 7:30 pm
1 square of Dove dark chocolate 9:30 pm

Beverages:
500 ml bottled water during workout
Hot chai tea with stevia 10:30 am
Hot chai tea with stevia 5:00 pm
1 5 oz. glass of red wine 7:30 pm

Notes:
I wondered if the strawberries would make the shake taste differently. They didn't. I couldn't taste the strawberries at all. The shake tastes Green. I'm not sure how else to describe it. It tastes kind of like green tea ice cream. It isn't an unpleasant flavor by any means, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

The goal is to be more Primal with my eating today. Made a grocery list and will make sure the pantry is well stocked with primal food items. No Life cereal or spaghetti today!

I did have a P90X Results and Recovery drink for breakfast again this morning. I didn't intend to but I wanted to workout in a fasted state and the workout seemed harder than usual. The intervals workout has you doing 15 moves and each one lasts a minute. You go at a moderate pace for 20 seconds, a faster pace for the next 20 seconds and then all out for the last 20 seconds. After the first round you have a one minute break and then you repeat the exercises in reverse order for another 15 minutes. It's a great workout!

Tomorrow will have a standard breakfast (eggs, lean ham).

Here are the stats:
Weight: 182 lbs.
Waist: 32"
Body fat %: 13%

No comments:

Post a Comment